You know how to run your business - we know how to manage SAFETY...
we train SMS to EASA Regulators - together we can become great partners.
“Safety management is about protection against undesired outcomes or losses…and of course flight safety, or not having an accident”.
Safety is not a naturally occurring state, if you want it, you have to organise for it and continuously pursue it. An effective SMS makes the difference between KNOWING that you are safe (and what that means) versus BELIEVING or HOPING that you are.
We believe an increase in the number of hazards reports is a good safety culture indicator:
- Reports = early warnings = opportunity to assess risk and reduce losses proactively.
- How many do you currently record a year? Do you know what are your top three hazards and what are you doing about them?
Our experts focus on building sustainable Safety Management Systems – we understand the enabling components and have access to skills and competence that can pull it all together. Where others only train, we provide SMS implementation leadership and essential tools for successful execution.
We provide SMS consulting services, we lead entire organisational wide-programmes, and we provide in-company training services as well as open training courses. We offer a one stop solution for your SMS needs. Our own subject matter leaders provide SMS thought leadership to industry and have been selected through a world wide search by EASA to train their regulators in SMS.
We are experts in business loss management – however, as regulations expertise is at the heart of all our services, we will help ensure you comply with developing regulations. Our primary focus is your bottom line profit and protection from hazards.
How we will work with you
- We specialise in winning your senior team buy-in, so that they want SMS because it’s good for business. Through our proven specialist training we will build SMS leadership and commitment. We understand commercial businesses and how they run, whist at the same time we are experts in conveying the objectives of the regulations – this is a unique blend.
- Our unique SMARRT® rapid diagnostic tools can rapidly, benchmark your organisational safety culture and capability to assess your loss management.
- Through our unique "hearts and minds" approach to training our experts will “unfold the arms” of your busy, initiative fatigued teams. We will give your staff the motivation, tools and skills to play an active role in safety management and create a participating culture – they will leave equipped to seek hazards, speak up, report and intervene.
- Working closely with you we will design and deliver a leading SMS framework, processes, procedures and tools which will support and sustain your SMS programme. Our expert consultant’s can help you determine policy and strategic objectives, achieve management accountability, manage hazard identification, error management and risk management, develop and run reporting systems, facilitate cultural change and train your organisation.
Why us? Our track record
We have been involved in major client SMS programmes around the world and continually research, evaluate and apply leading global practices and pioneer new tools and techniques in the practical application of Safety Management Systems.
What our customers say
Do you really know what goes on in your organisation?
The response of a senior manager upon seeing the actual results of our Safety Culture Survey in his operation …
“What we like is that Baines Simmons operates directly with our management team, mentoring and coaching - they are helping our managers make the management of safety become a direct business benefit”
Senior Managers BAE Systems
Discover how we can create success for your organisations SMS
- call us for an informal discussion on +44 (0)1276 855412