We are proud to announce that we have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, further pledging our support towards the Armed Forces community. To those who proudly protect our nation, the Armed Forces Covenant is the nation’s commitment to them.
We have a long-standing history of partnering with Armed Forces globally, acting as trusted advisors on all aspects of safety performance. Since 2018 we have been working closely with the Ministry of Defence on the Safety Training for Error Prevention (STEP) programme. Today we are pleased to further pledge our support by the signing of the Covenant.
All of the team at Baines Simmons recognise the value serving personnel, veterans and military families contribute to our business and community.
What is the Armed Forces Covenant?
It is a pledge that together we acknowledge and understand that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, should be treated with fairness and respect in the communities, economy and society they serve with their lives.
The covenant focusses on helping members of the armed forces community have the same access to government and commercial services and products as any other citizen.
This support is provided in several areas including:
- Education and family well-being
- Having a home
- Starting a new career
- Access to healthcare
- Financial assistance
- Discounted services
Further information on the Covenant as well as information on jobs, pensions, and the full promise can be found on the Armed Forces Covenant website.
What are our commitments?
1.1 We Baines Simmons Ltd will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- No member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- In some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
Section 2: Demonstrating our Commitment
2.1 We recognise the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans, and military families bring to our business and to our country. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- Promoting the Armed Forces: promoting the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and wider public.
- Veterans: supporting the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process; working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to support the employment of Service leavers.
- Service Spouses & Partners: supporting the employment of Service spouses and partners; and providing flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
- Reserves: supporting our employees who are members of the Reserve Forces; granting additional paid/unpaid leave for annual Reserve Forces training; supporting any mobilisations and deployment actively encouraging members of staff to become Reservists.
- Cadet Organisations: supporting our employees who are volunteer leaders in military cadet organisations, granting additional leave to attend annual training camps and courses; actively encouraging members of staff to become volunteer leaders in cadet organisations; supporting local military cadet units; recognising the benefits of employing cadets/ex-cadets within the workforce.
- National Events: supporting Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities.
- Commercial Support: offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces community.
View the certificate here