Our services and expertise help gain, amend and retain military approvals
As European nations strive to harmonise defence airworthiness requirements, compliance with organisation approval requirements is a growing challenge for contractors and military units alike.
The defence aviation industry is gradually coming to terms with approval philosophies based on the European civil model and whilst gaining an approval is in itself a challenge, securing high performance is another matter.
Challenges you may be facing
- Gaining your first approval and understanding the process
- Adding an aircraft type or additional scope to an existing approval
- Dealing with a finding from your Competent Authority
- Having to devise and implement an approval recovery programme
- Managing new risk-based oversight procedures
- Understanding and keeping up-to-date with the regulations and knowing how they affect your organisation
- Securing organisation performance once an approval is granted.
How we can help
We can help with a range of tailored approval support services that are designed to ensure your approval is ultimately safe, fit-for-purpose and efficient. Gaining and building trust from your regulator and demonstrating continuous improvement in your activities is key to a successful relationship.
Our regulatory experts can partner with you to help with a broad range of areas that you may be seeking help with. For example, we can:
- Help you engage more effectively with your regulator, building their confidence in your activities
- Help with the approval application process
- Prepare for your aviation authority assessment/audits
- Undertake risk/benefit surveys and audits
- Provide competence development and training
- Provide technical skills competence development and training
- Write or amend related documentation such as expositions, contracts, procedures, and manuals
- Maintain compliance with defence requirements
- Conduct root cause analysis
- Implement an approval recovery programme
- Conduct independent audits
- Assist with recruitment of new staff
- Prepare you for Nominated Person/Form 4 Holder interviews with your Military Aviation Authority.
Areas of expertise
We are proud of our pedigree of working with defence regulators around the world, contributing to the development and implementation of new regulatory systems that will have a lasting impact on aviation safety.
Pioneering the organisation approval philosophy with the UK MOD, we have helped to shape defence aviation thinking, demonstrated feasibility, established the approval management system and conducted independent oversight functions. Using our extensive civil regulatory experience and intimate knowledge of the defence environment, we have supported numerous organisations to achieve and retain approvals.
In response to Military Aviation Authority audit findings, we have helped organisations recover their regulatory approvals in accordance with MAA Regulatory Publications. Working across the industry, we partner design and production organisations, continuing airworthiness and maintenance organisations with our approval services.
Drawing on their extensive personal experience and expertise, our expert defence regulatory consultants provide professional advice, guidance and practical support that is geared to help minimise losses and reputational damage, secure regulator, shareholder and supplier confidence and ensure the smooth operation of day-to-day business is maintained.