Audit and compliance services to help you gain and operate MAOS and EMAR organisation approval
We have the ability to operate on behalf of Military Competent Authorities to assess initial expositions from applicant organisations and provide detailed compliance audits in support of the approvals. Our team of specialist auditors are experts in the following areas:
- EMAR-145 / MRP Part 145 governing maintenance activities
- EMAR-M / MRP Part M governing continuing airworthiness management
- EMAR-147 and 66 governing training activities
How we can help
Auditing and Training Services
We offer a range of training courses designed for defence organisations at our Aviation Safety Academy in Surrey or offered in-house. Delivered by Consultants with specialist experience and a military background, they are broadly designed to help you:
- Keep up to speed with changes to the regulations, including CAMO and EMAR requirements
- Understand the MAOS process and the strategic handling of your organisation’s approvals
- Ensure your Continuous Airworthiness Management of UK military aircraft is continuously maintained as complaint
What is MAOS?
In the UK, the Maintenance Approved Organisation Scheme (MAOS) is a means by which the MOD can assess the competency of organisations wishing to provide either maintenance or continuing airworthiness support services for UK military registered aircraft.
It is a joint MOD and industry venture that has developed a regulatory framework in order to enable industry partnering arrangements and long-term service provision. The regulatory framework has been based on the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) model as specified in EC Regulation 1321/2014.
The MRP allows the following approvals to be granted:
- Organisations involved in the maintenance of military registered aircraft or components intended to be fitted to military registered aircraft shall be approved in accordance with the provisions of MRP-Part-145.
- Organisations carrying out continuing airworthiness management tasks shall be approved in accordance with the provisions of MRP-Part-M.