We can help you amend the scope of an existing approval with minimum delays and maximum effectiveness
Adding a different aircraft type, modifying an existing component or manufacturing a new part will require you to be able to interpret and understand the applicable regulations. We have proven experience and expertise to help you do this efficiently and effectively to maximise competitive and business advantage.
Amending or changing an approval
Amending your exposition can be a complex process, not least because ‘business as usual’ needs to be maintained to ensure your stakeholders remain confident in your organisation. Working with the Accountable Manager and your organisation’s Nominated Person/Form 4 Holders, we can help you understand and apply the intent of the regulations as they will apply to your organisation and gain the skills and competence to maintain regulator confidence while the process is underway.
Challenges you may be facing:
- Adding an aircraft type or additional scope to an existing approval
- You are a Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (CAMO) and need to change your existing Part M subpart G approval – and are unclear how to go about this
- You need to be able to demonstrate your compliance with the applicable parts of the Part M regulation – but are looking for help with preparing for your regulator interview
- You need to understand where the gaps are in your organisation in order to be able to maintain compliance with your amended AOC
- You need to implement a cost-effective training programme to meet the new requirements
- You need help amending your exposition and maintenance programme to meet the revised scope of your approval
- You need help in understanding the approval process in order to maintain compliance throughout and secure the continued confidence and trust in your abilities by management and other stakeholder groups.
Areas of expertise
We have demonstrable experience in assisting organisations with changes in the scope of their approval in accordance with EASA requirements.
Working across the industry, we partner design and production organisations, continuing airworthiness and maintenance organisations and airlines around the globe with our approval services.
Drawing on their extensive personal experience and expertise, our expert regulatory consultants provide professional advice, guidance and practical support that is geared to help minimise losses and reputational damage, secure regulator, shareholder and supplier confidence and ensure the smooth operation of day-to-day business is maintained.
How we can help
We can help with a range of tailored approval support services that are designed to ensure your approval is ultimately safe, fit-for-purpose and efficient. Gaining and building trust from your regulator and demonstrating continuous improvement in your activities is key to a successful relationship.
Through our broad range of consulting and training services, we can:
- Undertake gap analysis audits to understand where you need to make changes or improvements to your systems, resources and processes
- Prepare you for Nominated Person/Form 4 Holder interviews with your regulator
- Show how to demonstrate compliance to your regulator, preparing for your regulator assessments and engaging with your authority so that they have confidence in your activities
- Help with the change of approval application process – preparing for and completing the necessary legal documentation
- Understand areas of new skills or competence that will be required to meet the terms of your approval – and provide appropriate training programmes to meet those needs
- Write or amend related documentation such as expositions, contracts, procedures, manuals and MELs
- Assist with recruitment of new staff
- Maintain compliance with EASA regulations
What are the practical skills and competence required for managers in approved organisations looking to gain, amend or change an approval?
A first step is to understand the management responsibilities of holding an approval – establishing the right areas of focus in your team to achieve the desired end result. Having good change management skills to ensure the approval process is successfully managed internally and externally will be key to success, as will being able to to think analytically and set realistic timescales – especially if there are commercial pressures to ensure the application and approval process happens swiftly.
Commercially, your team will need to understand the business drivers behind the need to change or amend your approval – such as the competitive advantages and commercial benefits of extending the scope of the approval to fit new products and drive increased sales.
Finally, you will need to ensure that your team has the competence and skills to write, amend and prepare relevant materials such as the MOE and maintenance programmes in order to meet the new regulatory requirements that pertain to your approval.
We have extensive experience of partnering with senior management teams to help develop the broad range of skills and competencies that are necessary for the successful management of an organisation. From management workshops to help create an engaging safety vision for your organisation to mock interviews with the regulator and large scale regulatory and compliance driven training programmes, we can support you at all stages of your journey.